Monday 14 February 2011

V-day

Hello hello.

A very Happy Valentines Day to you all :)
(unless you are all sickeningly loved up and happy... Bitter... Me? No no...)

Word of the day..... Abridgment - summary, synopsis, shortening.

So........

Today is Valentines Day. And I shall tell you how I spent it... Learning about music software, and watching the horrors/beauty of childbirth on One Born Every Minute. After which, I decided I was never giving birth. Ever. I have to thank Miss-Martini, Miss-Horlicks, and the wonderfully comfortable in her own skin Miss-Lolly-Belle for a fantastic evening of food and fun. Many a hilarious conversation had. I love them lots.

Spent the weekend at Squidge's uni, visiting her for birthday celebrations. Twas absolutely grand. Trees-Are-Green and K-Loft also accompanied. All was well until we got lost. Now, in no way am I being big-headed when I say this, but I am good at directions. Fact. Trees-Are-Green however, is not. Also a fact. Tell me, why is it that when people are lost, instead of pulling over and sorting it out, they keep driving! Possibly hoping that the right way or chosen destination will just pop right out at the next corner. No, afraid not. Therefore, if the Sat Nav says left, GO LEFT. Don't think you know better and go right! Recipe for disaster. Rant over. After a little bit of an tense drive, we had lunch, shopped, and all were merry. That's the beauty of family. You have a tiff, and it's forgotten in the next instant.

I must apologise. A vital piece of embarrassing information happened recently and I failed to document it. Perhaps because it was just so typical of me. I got kissed. Yes, I did. And it was lovely. He was lovely. Alas, of course, being the uber GEEK that I am... I crushed his nose, got hit in the head by an intruding branch, preceded to unlock my already unlocked car, said something both inaudible and incomprehensible, and then had to reverse right in front of him. I possibly made it the most awkward moment ever. As if first kisses aren't awkward enough. Sheesh.

And so, in abridgment, that my dear readers, is why I am single on this very Valentines day. Big shout out to Trees-Are-Green though for my 'Jelly Hearts of Love', (heart shaped jelly sweets in case you were wondering). Tasty!

Also, just something that crossed my mind as I day dreamed during staff briefing the other morning... You can match certain people to a type of dog. I was aimlessy scanning the room when I thought this one person looked exactly like a poodle. The likeness was uncanny and as I moved on to others, I started to pair them with their canine lookalikes. Honestly, try it.

I daydream way to much...

Until next time,

Mil x

No comments:

Post a Comment